If you’re looking for a way to make bourbon lemonade feel like something completely new, you’ve come to the right place! This super sexy Asian-inspired cocktail has that classic flavor of tangy lemon mixed with bourbon but with a twist. This drink is spicy, not too sweet but oh-so-exciting. Prepare your taste buds for some serious sensory pleasure with this Southeast Asian drink.
Inspired by Halo Halo
The presentation of this bourbon lemonade is inspired by the Filipino dessert Halo-Halo (“mix-mix”). The dessert is composed of ice cream on top of a bed of shaved ice then topped with a variety of sweets and toppings that are then mixed in by the diner. Although the cocktail uses lemon granita instead of ice cream, the effect is equally refreshing and playful.
Here Chef Annette Tomei adds a scoop of granita to her version of a bourbon lemonade. We love that she layers it with the aphrodisiacs of ginger and basil. The result is tangy and slightly spicy with an icy surprise at the center. Do you sip it? Do you spoon it? You decide! What could be better in summer than a boozy cocktail that invites you to play with your drink?
East Meets West, Southeast Asian-Style Bourbon Lemonade
- 2 in piece of peeled fresh ginger chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh Thai basil torn into small pieces
- 4 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1 1/2 jiggers Kentucky bourbon
- Ice cubes
- 3/4 cup shaved ice can be made in a blender
- 1 small scoop lemon sorbet or granita approximately 1/8 cup, homemade or purchased
- Seltzer water
- 1 lemon slice seeds removed (optional)
- 1 in sprig Thai basil fit into a slitthe lemon slice (optional)
- In mixing glass, muddle the ginger and basil with the bitters and agave nectar until the ginger is well bruised. Fill the glass halfway with ice cubes; pour in Bourbon. Stir vigorously.
- Fill the chilled glass 3/4 with shaved ice then place the scoop of sorbet on top; strain the cocktail over the sorbet and finish with a splash of seltzer water.
- Serve garnished with a Thai basil sprig, lemon slice (both optional) and a swizzle stick.
- Easy Cappuccino Biscotti Recipe: an alluring cookie with the perk of caffeine - August 25, 2023
- Sautéed Courgette Flowers Stuffed with Herbed Ricotta Cheese - August 14, 2023
- A Hot Sorrel Drink Recipe with Caribbean Rum - December 15, 2022
Get on our mailing list
Subscribe and get our exclusive list of Six Great Sex-Boosting Snack Foods for FREE! Unsubscribe at any time.