Warm up your lover with this tequila cocktail
This Latin Star is designed to warm up your lover on a cold winter night with the flavors of exotic fruit and the heat of tequila. This fast and easy tequila cocktail is part of a menu for an entire dinner featuring the exotic fruits of winter and the allure of warming spices. Get the full menu plan and recipes with Warm Spice and Winter Jewels.
Because this tequila cocktail uses fresh fruits and fresh ginger, it takes a little more elbow grease than it would to just throw a few ingredients into a martini shaker. But once you taste the flavors of the freshly muddled star fruit, kiwi and lime, you’ll be glad you put in the effort.
One quick note on choosing fruits. Because you’re muddling the fruits with the skins still on, I highly recommend buying organic. Pesticide residue can resist washing. And you don’t want to be muddling that into your drink!
A cocktail made with fresh, tropical fruit, ginger and tequila, it's a winning recipe on a cold winter's night.
- 1 slices star fruit cut into ½-inch thick slices, 2reserved for garnish
- 1 fresh kiwi peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 oz pineapple juice
- 1 1- in knob of fresh ginger root cut into thin slices
- 2 in lime wedges cuthalf
- 3 oz 100% agave tequila
- Put star fruit (reserving one slice for garnish) kiwi, pineapple juice and lime wedge into a shaker glass.
- Using a muddler, press all juices from the star fruit, kiwi and lime.
- Strain juice from the pulp with a medium-mesh strainer into two ice-filled rocks glass.
- Top with tequila and stir. Garnish with a slice of star fruit on the rim of the rocks glass.
Diane Brown is author of The Seduction Cookbook: Culinary Creations For Lovers
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter