I love getting creative with the bounty of gorgeous cauliflower from the farm, but most of all, I savor getting a good, dark roast on it and tossing it up with some Indian spices. The goal of this curry roasted cauliflower is not to punch with heat but create a warm glow. The key to that is balance.
Curry can be made in all different manners, but using a good-quality curry powder with coriander, turmeric, fenugreek, cumin, mustard seed, black pepper and cayenne makes this a quick dish packed with flavor. It also offers the kind of warmth that will bring a healthy flush to your cheeks.
Why you should consider this recipe as a vegan date night dish
Cauliflower is definitely a nutritional powerhouse, but I’m not going to sell you on its aphrodisiac qualities. t is not the sexiest vegetable. However, it should be mentioned that cauliflower is a source of vitamins C & K, niacin, magnesium, phosphorus, fiber and vitamin B6.
So what makes this a date night recipe?
It’s the turmeric’s anti-inflammatory and antioxidant qualities, plus proven ability to boost testosterone production and fenugreek’s reported estrogen-like effects, which may increase women’s sex drive, that make this dish an aphrodisiac star.
Curry Roasted Cauliflower with Golden Raisins, Almonds and Cilantro
- 1 large head of cauliflower cut into bite-sized florets
- 1 tbsp good-quality prepared curry powder
- Olive oil kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted almonds
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Heat an oven to 375 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and pile cauliflower on it, seasoning with curry powder and generous olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Toss it all together, then roast in the oven, turning occasionally, until the cauliflower caramelizes and turns deep brown.
- Remove from oven when cauliflower is cooked through, tender and a rich golden brown.
- Toss with the almonds and raisins, then top with cilantro to serve. Serve with Basmati or brown rice for a complete meal or serve as a side dish.
For more of Diane’s aphrodisiac recipes, get her cookbook, The Seduction Cookbook: culinary creations for lovers.
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter