This recipe comes to us from one of our favorite aphrodisiac foods experts, Chef Diane Brown. Comments Diane, “I love getting creative with the bounty of gorgeous cauliflower from the farm, but most of all, I savor getting a good, dark roast on it and tossing it up with some Indian spices. The goal of curry dishes is not to punch with heat, but create a warm glow. The key to that is balance.
Sweet raisins, toasted crunchy nuts, piquant cilantro all mellow the heat to a low simmer, and wed perfectly with the char of well-roasted cauliflower. Curry can be made in all different manners, but using a good-quality curry powder with coriander, turmeric, fenugreek, cumin, mustard seed, black pepper and cayenne makes this a quick dish with packed with flavor, warmth and the ability to give you that new-crush face flush. Cauliflower is definitely a nutritional powerhouse, but I’m not going to sell you on its aphrodisiac qualities (although vitamin C & K, niacin, magnesium, phosphorus, fiber, and vitamin B6
It’s the turmeric’s anti-inflammatory and antioxidant qualities, plus proven ability to boost testosterone production and fenugreek’s reported estrogen-like effects, which may increase women’s sex drive, that make this dish an aphrodisiac star.”
Curry Roasted Cauliflower with Golden Raisins, Almonds and Cilantro
- 1 large head of cauliflower , cut into bite-sized florets
- 1 tbsp good-quality prepared curry powder
- Olive oil , kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted almonds
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Heat an oven to 375 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and pile cauliflower on it, seasoning with curry powder and generous olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Toss it all together, then roast in the oven, turning occasionally, until the cauliflower caramelizes and turns deep brown.
- Remove from oven when cauliflower is cooked through, tender and a rich golden brown.
- Toss with the almonds and raisins, then top with cilantro to serve. Serve with Basmati or brown rice for a complete meal or serve as a side dish.
For more of Diane’s sexy vegetables, check out The Family Farm Box. And for more of her aphrodisiac recipes, get her cookbook, The Seduction Cookbook: culinary creations for lovers.
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter