Pumpkin pie flavor in a pancake
This taste of fall flavors comes to us from Chrysta Wilson, author of Kiss My Bundt recipes from the award-winning bakery. For this pumpkin spice pancakes recipe, Wilson uses the seductive flavor of pumpkin pie spice to put a seasonal twist on standard buttermilk pancakes. And we love it because pumpkin pie spice happens to be a proven aphrodisiac for men!
Serve these pumpkin spice pancakes to someone special for an unforgettable breakfast in bed.
- 6 strips uncooked thick-cut bacon
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar granulated white
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup C buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 5 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 4 tbsp pumpkin pie spice (alternatively 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp nutmeg)
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil or melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine the dry ingredients: Mix flour, sugar, salt, spices, baking powder and baking soda together in medium bowl.
- Combine the wet ingredients: In a separate bowl, mix eggs, buttermilk, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, and oil/butter together.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together: Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir just until combined: the batter should have lumps in it. Baker's Note: Do not beat until smooth as this will overmix the batter.
- Turn stove onto medium heat. Lightly grease pan or skillet with a teaspoon of melted butter/oil or a baking spray.
- Drop 1/3 cup of batter onto heated pan/skillet. Use the backside of the measuring cup to help even out the batter into a nice circle.
- Cook your pancake until bubbles begin to form on surface of the pancake, which takes about two minutes. Then, using a spatula, flip the pancake over onto the other side. Cook another 2 minutes, or until the pancake is golden brown.
- To serve, sprinkle cinnamon onto the plate, and then place two pancakes on top of one another. Sprinkle your lardons on top of the pancake, drizzle some maple syrup over everything and devour.
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter