Diva Dish with Diane Brown
I used to serve this dish to potential paramours. (Get the full story here.) If they fell in love with the flavors of rosemary and lavender, they were in. But if the reaction was less than enthusiastic, I knew it wasn’t a love match. Now that’s a dish!
I’m a firm believer in the aphrodisiac power of lavender. I like to serve these chicken breasts with rosemary and lavender as a part of a whole lavender-themed menu. Consider serving this succulent chicken before my other lavender favorite, Lavender Crème Brûlée. Get there recipe here.
Serve this simple chicken breast recipe to someone special. Although the recipe couldn't be easier, the complex flavors of herbs and citrusy spark of lemon zest will make it taste like you slaved all day.
- 2 10- oz bone-in skin on, chicken breast halves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp minced fresh lavender
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine rosemary, lavender, garlic, and lemon zest in a small bowl.
- Combine lemon juice and olive oil in a second small bowl.
- Spread a portion of the dry rub under the loosened skin of the chicken breast, and make three slashes in the skin. Brush skin with lemon juice and olive oil mixture.
- Heat broiler and adjust oven rack to lowest position under broiler flame.
- Place chicken breasts skin side down on the broiler rack.
- Broil chicken on bottom rack until just beginning to brown, about 12 minutes.
- Using tongs, turn chicken skin side up and continue to broil for 10 more minutes.
- Place broiler pan on highest rack setting until skin begins to brown and crisp, about one minute. Serve.
Diane Brown is author of The Seduction Cookbook: Culinary Creations For Lovers
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter