Wine + Citrus = Pinot Grigio Fizz
The folks at Woodbridge winery sent us this recipe, knowing of our love for crisp, refreshing wines and our firm belief that citrus can help your sex life. What could be better than a lovely white wine blended with the sexual hormone-supporting vitamins and minerals of blood orange juice? (You can learn more about what makes citrus so great for sexual health and why it’s particularly good for women here.) A splash of Campari gives the drink a sophisticated complexity and a splash of soda adds a tongue-tickling fizz. The result? Delicious!
Because the recipe was created by the chef at Woodbridge Winery, it, naturally, calls for Woodbridge Pinot Grigio. But you can use whatever Pinot Grigio you have on hand to make this sweet and citrusy Pinot Grigio Fizz. Cheers.
One quick note on prep. If you’ve never made simple syrup, don’t worry, it’s easy. (But keep in mind that this ingredient needs to be made in advance so it can cool.) For this syrup, take 2 parts sugar to 1 part water in a small saucepan. Heat, stirring, until the sugar dissolves completely then set it aside to cool. Store in the refrigerator in a sealed container.
- 3/4 cup Woodbridge Pinot Grigio 6 oz
- 1 oz freshly squeezed blood orange juice
- 1 oz Campari
- 1 oz simple syrup basic 2 parts sugar:1 part water ratio
- 1 1/2 oz soda water
- blood orange wheels to garnish
- Fill a large glass or Mason jar with ice, then add in all of the measured ingredients, except for the soda water.
- Stir the ingredients with a bar spoon. Once incorporated, finish with a splash of soda water.
- Garnish with wheels of freshly sliced blood oranges.
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter