If you’ve never experienced a savory cookie, your first time is going to be unforgettable – because you’re going to try bacon cheese cookies.
I ate this cookie countless times before baker Leah Kuo finally gave me the recipe. This salty cookie recipe combines the nutty, cheesy goodness of Gouda with one of the world’s most alluring foods, bacon. (Discover why I’ve put bacon on my list of the best aphrodisiac foods.)
When do you serve these savory cheese cookies?
The combination of bacon with the richly nutty Dutch cheese is both decadent and delicious. But it’s not a dessert. Nor were these cookies intended to be served after a meal.
Serve these bacon cookies as a party-pleasing appetizer with your favorite wine. (Personally, I love these cookies with a Brut Champagne or sparkling wine like this affordable Cava.) Or skip the ceremony and hand-feed them to your lover as a sexy, midnight snack. These bacon cookies are also perfect for a romantic picnic. Enjoy!
Gouda Bacon Savory Cookies
- 12 tbsp salted butter
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose wheat flour
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 5 strips hickory smoked bacon
- 12 oz ½ shredded Gouda cheese
- Adjust oven racks to the upper and lower-middle positions and heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Chop uncooked bacon into 1/8 size pieces. Cook until crisp. Cool on paper towels to absorb grease.
- Whisk the flour, dry mustard, and salt together in a medium bowl; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine cheese and butter until thoroughly blended.
- Add the dry ingredients and bacon and beat at low speed until dough is no longer crumbly.
- Roll dough into ½ ounce balls.
- Bake until lightly brown, about 16-18 minutes, rotating the baking sheets front to back and top to bottom halfway through the baking time.
- Remove from oven.
- Cool the cookies on the sheets for 5 minutes at room temperature, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Pin this bacon cookies recipe:
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter