A bourbon cocktail and dessert in one
Annette Tomei created this drink and dessert in one just for us. This bourbon cocktail is a four-way cultural mix: from the US, northern strawberries and southern spirit; from Italy, northern Balsamic vinegar and southern-style lemon granita… And they all come together in delicious harmony.
But is it an aphrodisiac?
Is it aphrodisiac? Well, it certainly has all the elements as far as we’re concerned. Citrus, strawberries, ginger and bourbon all have an aphrodisiac reputation. As for the results, you be the judge!
- 1 chilled martini glass
- 1 muddler
- 1 mixing glass
- 1 bar spoon
- 1 strainer
- 1 small ice-cream scoop
- 1 swizzle stick
- 1 fresh strawberry sliced
- 1 in piece of peeled fresh ginger cut into small bits
- 1 tsp aged Balsamic vinegar
- 4 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- 1 in jigger Kentucky Bourbon Bullitt Kentucky Bourbon was usedthe development of this recipe
- 1 small scoop lemon sorbet or granita approximately 1/8 cup, homemade or purchased
- 1 lemon slice seeds removed
- Place the strawberry slices and ginger in a small microwave safe bowl, top with the vinegar; stir well. Cover and microwave for approximately 30 seconds. Allow to sit covered for at least 30 minutes, up to 3 hours, or until cooled completely (longer equals more flavor). This part can be done in larger proportions then chilled and stored in the refrigerator for 1 day.
- In mixing glass, muddle the strawberry-ginger mixture with the bitters until the ginger and berries are well bruised. Fill the glass halfway with ice; pour in Bourbon and agave nectar. Stir vigorously.
- Place scoop of sorbet in the chilled glass; strain the cocktail over the sorbet. Serve garnished with a lemon slice and a swizzle stick.
Pin this recipe:
FREE APHRODISIAC NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to our free aphrodisiac newsletter